I spent a few hours talking about the future of performance drone activities. Warning, its long, so just drag the timeline.
Thanks Wai Lam and Elvan Wilson II. 6 days 2 hours ago.
Taking input from everyone this weekend I have updated the champ course.
1) no pads except for docking (no frame breaking issues, but also no power ups)
2) Added a skyway of 7 hanging gates. This creates the viseral feeling of having lights flash by like picket fences, the feeling of speed.
2) longer challenges (8 seconds is too short). So for a challenge you enter the challenge fly then fly skyway and come back and exit the way you came in (except for air stairs).
For example: the time warp you pass through 3 large portals (center one is oscillating) go up and around the skyway and come back out the 3 large portals. This should take about 20 seconds for a skilled pilot.
3) Up the points for challenges. So a dock is 10 points (think 1 point for every 2 seconds of flight). Then a challenge is 20 points (add in a little for the extra risk.
4) To encourage everyone to do all 3 challenges, up the bonus to 30 points or so.
So your 4 minute team heats =
--- warrior A ---- 1:30
15 sec outer ring +
30 sec challenge
15 sec outer ring
30 sec challenge
----------- @ 1:30
15 sec pit stop
------------ @ 1:45 maybe 2m
then repeat going after the other challenge + bonus
---------------- now at 3m if everything is fast & no crashes
use extra time to bang out challenges or Outer rings. Strategy is based on time left.
So there is time for Varsity skill players to get the bonus with a little extra time for a mishap.
Feedback . . . . . View image/video1 week 4 days ago.
Nice pics from Troy Cassata 1 week 4 days ago.
1 week 5 days ago.
The team to beat for the school championship. Now I just gotta get Brett a teammate to give you guys at New Trier some heat . .. .
Great job Nic. View image/video1 week 6 days ago.
Couple dozen warrior battling it out at @marineleadershipAcademy. 2 more weeks in Winnetka then on to the Championship in Chicago. Let's light it up (literally and figuratively). View image/video1 week 6 days ago.
Three challenges, starting pad launchers, the outer ring, total of 12 LED Gates electronically lit up and animated, new timing software. We're ready to rock . And it all fits. View image/video1 week 6 days ago.
Traveling light today. let's light it up for drone Camp number two. This is only a third of the stuff that we'll need for the championship. View image/video1 week 6 days ago.
Neat alternative to the GoPro Session 5 :D
2 weeks 1 day ago.